Grundfos pump question

Users who are viewing this thread

arnold_ziffel

Reaction score
I bought a farm that has a drilled well with a grundfos sqflex pump that was intended to be powered by a wind generator, but this location has undependable wind, so the pump has never really been used. I have no idea what size pump this, nor the depth or any other info. The pump has been sitting idle in the well for at least 10 years. The controls for the pump and windmill have been in the weather for the entire time and are in poor condition. I want to power up the pump with a generator,, but don't know how to proceed. What size capacitor/ control box do I need? What voltage should I use for the generator? What other considerations should be on my mind? Thanks.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think the SQflex can be run on regular grid or generator power. It should not need a control box. Just connect the two hot wires to the genset and turn it on. Can also be used with a pressure switch and pressure tank if needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks