grohe pop up drain question

Users who are viewing this thread

dustpol

Reaction score
I just installed a grohe seaberry faucet and a pop up drain. I am having a difficult time with it. The drain itself seems very loose and keeps leaning forward. It does work but I am wondering if I am missing something. The instructions that came with the drain were very brief. I have contacted Grohe and they say that the drains are front heavy. Has anyone run into this?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you grab it, can you pull it out? If so, you need to be more careful when you insert the rod so it catches the hole at the bottom. Other than that, that's the way it is. It only needs to come up about 1/4-3/8" to drain. If yours comes up further, adjust the position of the attachment to the rod so it doesn't move as much - that will limit how far it can "fall over".

dustpol

Reaction score
thanks alot..I will give that a try. I appreciate the speedy response.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks