question about replacing pop up assembly on pedestal sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Work123456

Reaction score
Hello I have two pedestal sinks. The first is a toto sink- the pop up assembly had to be replaced. I ordered the actual drain pop up part- to match the faucet. I am located in CT. The plumber provided the other parts split ring hanger, threaded rod, etc. How much should something like this cost? labor etc..

The second pedestal sink is a Kohler- same thing, i bought the brushed nickel pop up drain- how much should something like this cost
I got the bill and was kind of surprised at how much money it was.

Also, how long should it have taken to do this type of job? thanks

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
He needed a split ring hanger? Sounds like he had to do something with the piping?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Split ring hanger and all-thread rod have nothing to do with pop-up assemblies, so ....
The pricing was in the fair range.
Most often, we have to remove the sink from the pedestal to do anything with a pop-up.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Depends on the area. That's a little high for my company, but it could be low for another.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks