GREAT plunger HELP ??????????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
I am trying to fInd anybody that knows what a "black tom" plunger is? My dad had is own business in sewer cleaning "best way" sewer service. And he used to order these plungers above-- black toms,-- were printed on the black rubber cup. They worked so good, you could hadly work one back and forth. on a sink drain before you got the water moving.
Please noone take a offence to this name, that is what they were called, please contact me if you have even heard of these! BOB S

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
I just told Terry this; I was seeking out one of the older plumbers here, might put me on to one. The cup was about 8" around and a real soft black genuine rubber.The o/s diameter of this cup had no edge just strait rubber from the handle to the edge of the cone .sorta like ---------, or just like a oil funnel turned upside down.and a wood handle like normal today plungers.No edge and banded on the handle with one screw clamp. thanks for the reply bob s ----------- They were taken off the market because of the name back then t think?. i'm talking the 1960s retired plumber

Hairyhosebib

Reaction score
http://www.jasmro.com/Sku/066068

I really like these but you have to buy from a company rep. I have one that I have been using for about 20 years of hard use.

Attachments

• SX-0066035.jpg
    SX-0066035.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 746
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My daughter had three Mansfield 160 toilets in her new home. She bought three plungers the weekend she moved in, all three bathrooms were plugged.

Attachments

• mansfield_160_gold.jpg
    mansfield_160_gold.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:

TempriteSpokane

Reaction score
4y398yw

Has anyone used the MP1600 Master Toilet Plunger () or a similar plunger. Its quite a different design then your typical plunger but it seems like it could be very effective.

artificialj

Reaction score
I don't like the plungers with the accordion. I don't think any plumbers do. It can blow out wax seals.

Yeah - they certainly move some water, but what I don't like is that they make it hard to get that push/pull thing like big rubber plungers.

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
I guess i've waited long enough on this thread. Nobody remembers "back tom" plungers.I'm not that old for cryin out loud.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Maybe calling something "Black Tom" is no longer politically correct.

This is True.

The one I have is called a "Power Plunger", and is made of black rubber.

You can get them at a OLD School Hardware store, Not a big box store.

Calling them "Black Tom" is not a good idea if you are a Cracker, and is no longer politically correct. Depends on who you are.

Enjoy Your Day.

DonL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks