Got alot of Water but pump will not build pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Jones10101

Reaction score
Put in a new point and replaced the old pump. Got everything hooked up and the pump pumps alot of water but will not build pressure and shut off. I even returned the pump and got another one thinking I had a defective pump. I hooked up a 10' feet piece of 1/2" pvc to the outlet of the pump water will shoot out about 15 feet! but the pressure will not go above 30-35lbs of pressure. I'm at a loss. I put in a few of these systems in the past and had no problems. Everything is new. Pump, check valve, and point. Please help!!

Last edited:

Jones10101

Reaction score
Pressure tank about 5' feet from pump. The pump is a Master Plumber model 123355 convertible 1/2 hp. There is no air in the water at all. I have had all connections apart a couple of times and can find any leaks.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
The nozzle in the jet assembly is plugged. Take the jet assembly apart and clean out the 1/4" hole in it and then it will build pressure. Pumps don't build pressure, the jet assembly builds the pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks