GE Smartwater Softner

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Phillbo, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Phillbo

Phillbo New Member

My GE Smartwater softener is filling full of water in the tank where I add the salt. It's never done this before. Any suggestions on areas to investigate? The water is about 1.5' - 2' deep.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Check the Venturi and the brine line fittings
  3. Phillbo

Phillbo New Member

Pulled the Venturi apart and everything looks fine. Anything else that could cause the salt tank to fill with water?
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Put the unit into a braw cycle. Disconnect the brine line from the valve. If water is dripping out the connection, check the rotor, rotor seal and fig 8 o ring under the main cap.
  5. Servallwater

Servallwater In the Trades

Were you able to check the brine draw? If everything on the valve looks ok and you have brine draw there may be a leak somewhere. If you run the system through a complete regeneration does the water level in the brine tank drop? If it does drop after this but slowly fills back up you may have a leak from the mineral tank or the valve. Sometimes the leaks are so small that it takes a while to notice. Hope this helps.