GE Smartwater Softner

Users who are viewing this thread

Phillbo

Reaction score
My GE Smartwater softener is filling full of water in the tank where I add the salt. It's never done this before. Any suggestions on areas to investigate? The water is about 1.5' - 2' deep.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Phillbo

Reaction score
Pulled the Venturi apart and everything looks fine. Anything else that could cause the salt tank to fill with water?

Last edited:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Put the unit into a braw cycle. Disconnect the brine line from the valve. If water is dripping out the connection, check the rotor, rotor seal and fig 8 o ring under the main cap.

Servallwater

Reporter
Reaction score
Website
www.serveallwater.com
Were you able to check the brine draw? If everything on the valve looks ok and you have brine draw there may be a leak somewhere. If you run the system through a complete regeneration does the water level in the brine tank drop? If it does drop after this but slowly fills back up you may have a leak from the mineral tank or the valve. Sometimes the leaks are so small that it takes a while to notice. Hope this helps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks