GE softener questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Jlshack44

Reaction score
Softener installed Nov. 14, 2008 and seems to be still working well. I recently noticed that during regeneration, when the Performa valve leaves cycle C4(System Pause) and while in between and going into C5(Fast Rinse Cycle 1) there is a loud, aggressive copper water pipe hammering. I do not know when this started or how long it has been happening because until recently I worked a lot during the scheduled 1AM regeneration. I also noticed that the water level in the salt tank is just barely even with the level of the salt, which I keep only about one third full so if I need to move it, I can. Is this water level correct? What can I do about the water hammering? The softener is a GE with a 762 control valve. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks