Gate valve under floor?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by wmichsabre, Apr 11, 2013.

1. wmichsabre

wmichsabre New Member

Is it ok to put a gate valve shutoff under the floor?

I am remodeling my 2nd floor bathroom and put in gate valves so that I can plumb the shower without turning off the whole house water...since I don't have a long time each day to do the plumbing, it is easier to tackle this way.

If I never remove the gate valves, will it be ok? I probably should have put ball valves in, but that is in the past.

If there ever is a problem in the future, I could always cut a hole in the ceiling to access the valves to shut off the water.

Would like some opinions....

Mark
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, we do that too sometimes. Isolate the work. And gate valves are fine.
  3. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

You could also put in an access panel.That way you would not have to cut the ceiling open.

Attached Files: