In the Trades
Reaction score
All piping should slope downwards.

sink_taylor_2.jpg
Illegal in state of Illinois. .

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Picture #1 gets the Lawrence Welk seal of approval for the accordion trio.
disposer-piping-handyman.jpg

The handyman way was so weird that it just had to come out. He made it way harder than it needed to be.

Picture #1 gets the Lawrence Welk seal of approval for the accordion trio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Too Ambitious

Reaction score
Just discovered this thread from Google, and I think this belongs...

IMG_6925.JPG

IMG_6883.JPG

A wye with 2 street 45s and 2 p-traps.

You probably won't be surprised to learn this house used to be a rental 2 owners ago and this kitchen reno was not permitted.

I am planning to replace the galvanized branch here and will take the opportunity to clean this up. If I lower the tee on the riser, I can drop the left bowl trap down to accommodate a baffle tee and go with the preferred layout in this thread. I am also tempted to move the disposal to the larger/lower basin which would clean up the plumbing a lot, though it seems like disposal under smaller basin is more common.

I will also replace the supply valves with 1/4 turn ball valves. Trying to declutter as much as possible. I can't even get the weight on the sink sprayer hose it's so congested. I'll also get rid of the exposed Romex and install the disposal with a flexible cord to a GFCI receptacle.

Please let me know if any of this sounds dumb, or if there is a better way to do this.