In the Trades
Reaction score
All piping should slope downwards.

sink_taylor_2.jpg
Illegal in state of Illinois. .

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Picture #1 gets the Lawrence Welk seal of approval for the accordion trio.
disposer-piping-handyman.jpg

The handyman way was so weird that it just had to come out. He made it way harder than it needed to be.

Picture #1 gets the Lawrence Welk seal of approval for the accordion trio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Too Ambitious

Reaction score
Just discovered this thread from Google, and I think this belongs...

IMG_6925.JPG

IMG_6883.JPG

A wye with 2 street 45s and 2 p-traps.

You probably won't be surprised to learn this house used to be a rental 2 owners ago and this kitchen reno was not permitted.

I am planning to replace the galvanized branch here and will take the opportunity to clean this up. If I lower the tee on the riser, I can drop the left bowl trap down to accommodate a baffle tee and go with the preferred layout in this thread. I am also tempted to move the disposal to the larger/lower basin which would clean up the plumbing a lot, though it seems like disposal under smaller basin is more common.

I will also replace the supply valves with 1/4 turn ball valves. Trying to declutter as much as possible. I can't even get the weight on the sink sprayer hose it's so congested. I'll also get rid of the exposed Romex and install the disposal with a flexible cord to a GFCI receptacle.

Please let me know if any of this sounds dumb, or if there is a better way to do this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks