Freeze Job

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Got my first freeze job today. At my house. The renters downstairs came up after I got home today and said that they had turned the water off because water was spraying everywhere in the garage downstairs. Same pipes I capped off last January when the outdoor shower pipes burst started leaking again.

I had put sharkbite caps on the hot and cold after tearing into the sheetrock to stop the madness last year. This time the sharkbite on the cold side failed with several short splits a quarter inch apart all around the fat part of the fitting. I removed the destroyed fitting and replaced it with another one just like it, and called my son in law, the landlord. Should I charge him full price for a service call?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I take it that you guys have'nt been getting cold on a regular basis. An outdoor shower?
I fixed one of those on a lake house during one freeze in the Seattle area.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks