Free Standing Tub Drain Connection, RapidConnect

Users who are viewing this thread

OS&B

Reaction score
I have heard that most contractors have been upset about intalling free standing bath tubs in new contruction
There is an answer the ITD35 Free Standing Tub Drain Kit

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
rapidconnect-terrylove-1.jpg

rapidconnect-terrylove-2.jpg

Last edited:

OS&B

Reaction score
The flange is installed at the rough in stage.
Once all trim has been finished you select the tail pcs which fits your tub drain lub the tail pcs slide in to the opening.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Island Tub Drain - Photo's and Specifications

island-tub-drain.jpg

This looks like a Kick Ass idea. I hate screwing around with these free standing tubs.

How does this work with any Anti Tip Brackets.... I can not imagine it's possible to use both? What tub are you using? This might work for a heavy cast iron tub but the lighter tubs all require anti tip brackets.

Careful here..... Sometimes too good to be true is too good to be true. I wrote this article for Houzz a couple years back - Dreaming of a Spa Tub at Home? Read This Pro Advice First

Looks like an O-Ring seal hey Terry. Brass tail pieces slips inside. Compression Nut has room below tub... Pretty slick.

I bet I could Jerry Rig an off cut of 4" PVC or ABS and use some Noble Sealant 150 and a little scrap of NobleSeal TS to make a flashing detail for a barrier free European Wet Room install. Maybe I can get OS&B to send me one for product testing....

Last edited by a moderator:

OS&B

Reaction score
To date we have sold a great number of the drain connection with zero complaints.
From what I have been told installing anti tip brackets are easier to work when you use this product.
And yes it is easy that is the whole idea

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
To date we have sold a great number of the drain connection with zero complaints.
From what I have been told installing anti tip brackets are easier to work when you use this product.
And yes it is easy that is the whole idea

OK - if you say so. How does the use of your product make it easier if the anti tip brackets have the feet slide into them? I'm no expert but the fact that it appears your design is based on the tail piece dropping straight down does in my eyes not allow for the 3/4" - 1" push need to lock the feet into the anti tip brackets.

What Am I missing here?

OS&B

Reaction score
Which tub are you using that have the style of anti tip you are referring to.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
OS&B - what happened to the demo? Was this last week or is it this week coming? I tought I was going to get a Heads Up.... Was it Friday?

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I think OS&B is gone and left the building....

Any of you guys seen this in the wholesalers.... Looks like they are promoting their new gismo.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks