flushing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

cherylbg

Reaction score
Hello,

I just installed a new Kohler San Raphael, elongated bowl toilet. It was supposed to be wonderful, and it looks good, but it ALWAYS requires 2 flushes to fully clear things. For loose stool, would the Toto Ultramax CEFIONTECT require only 1 flush? Would you recommend this toilet? If not, what do you think I should buy?

Thanks for the advice. I am really upset about having a new toilet not work properly, and Kohler said "that's just the way it is."

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I remove Kohler one-piece toilets more than I install them.
I have CEFIONTECT version of the Ultramax downstairs.
It works very well, and I have used them as Kohler replacements many times.

cherylbg

Reaction score
Quick follow-up

Thank you, Terry. Just a quick final question - do you think the Ultramax or the Soiree would do a better job of clearing loose waste? There are a lot of upset stomaches in our family.

Yours truly,
Cheryl

cherylbg

Reaction score
Thank you!

I appreciate your help, Terry. And you run a great forum.

SamC

Reaction score
One other option you might consider is the Gwyneth. It has:

Universal Bowl Height, 16-1/8"
Elongated
CEFIONTECT
Double Cyclone
Eco 1.28 gallon flush
Costs less than the Soiree

cherylbg

Reaction score
Thanks, Sam

Good idea - I will check that one out as well.

Yours truly,
Cheryl

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The Gwyneth and Soiree are functionally the same - just aesthetically different.

I installed a Soiree in my house 6 months or so ago and really like it. As Terry says, the Soiree/Gwyneth models have excellent bowl wash due to having 2 high-flow jets of water which start the bowl water swirling from top to bottom. With that and the CEFIONTECT, you will not have much if any trouble with streaking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks