Flexible Line on Well Pump Discharge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Galaxieman

Reaction score
The line from my well pump to pressure tank has many bends (1 1/2 HP Goulds with 1 inch discharge). I would like to install a 'flexible' line here instead of standard schedule 40 PVC.

Can anyone suggest a product that would be good here. Max standing pressure is 75-100 psi. Use is on home water system.

Thank you...

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
Years ago, the first Pump contractor I worked for used 1 1/4” red rubber hose to plumb the pressure tank. The local health depth told us we couldn’t use it because it didn’t have a NSF label on it. We then went to a clear polyethylene hose with fabric reinforcement that did have a NSF rating.

That’s been 30 years ago. I don’t use hose now, but it sure did make it easy to install pressure tanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
The line from my well pump to pressure tank has many bends (1 1/2 HP Goulds with 1 inch discharge). I would like to install a 'flexible' line here instead of standard schedule 40 PVC.

Can anyone suggest a product that would be good here. Max standing pressure is 75-100 psi. Use is on home water system.
Were you thinking 18 inches or 12 feet?

For a shorter distance, I wonder how a Falcon corrugated stainless line would do. http://falconstainless.com/product/1-i-d-residentialcommericial-softenerboiler-connector/

For a longer distance, 1 inch PEX is not all that much more flexible than a 160 psi SIDR poly, but it has a connection system that might fit your needs. The expansion type can actually pivot a bit on its elbows if need be to align when changing out the pump. On the other hand, 1 inch SIDR poly is bigger than 1 inch pex.

Galaxieman

Reaction score
Valveman,

'1" poly in 160# rating'?

Is it connected at the ends with barbed fittings?

Where would I get it?

Brand names?

Thanks....

The total length would be about 10 feet

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks