Flare fitting help

Users who are viewing this thread

Mckeand13

Engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.project-one.us
I'm planning on installing a gas insert but need help figuring out what fitting to pick up for the connection to the insert. I'll be running 1/2" soft copper to it, but the fitting required at the connection on the insert has me stumped.

I can get more/better pics if that would be useful. The threads are straight and have a taper at the end which rotates with the fitting, it's not the end of the line (if that makes sense).

Could somebody advise what to use to go from this fitting to the copper?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1433.JPG
    IMG_1433.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 113

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
typically 1/2 inch npt just a normal pipe thread tapered. I'm guessing its a mobile home? I've never ran copper like that so don't know what's allowed . flaring the copper to a flare x 1/2 mip adapter sure seems hokey but maybe that's a way. I would probably braze a copper male adapter if there is no code against it . But generally I'm not a fan of soft copper gas piping seen it on trailers before many times

Mckeand13

Engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.project-one.us
typically 1/2 inch npt just a normal pipe thread tapered. I'm guessing its a mobile home? I've never ran copper like that so don't know what's allowed . flaring the copper to a flare x 1/2 mip adapter sure seems hokey but maybe that's a way. I would probably braze a copper male adapter if there is no code against it . But generally I'm not a fan of soft copper gas piping seen it on trailers before many times

It’s not a mobile home. Single family residential.

I’ll call the mfg and get details on the fitting.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Itt is a female flare nut. Cannot tell the size from the picture, but you need a matching male flare with SOME interconnection to your copper supply line AND a shut off valve between them.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You just need a male flare end. Either compression or brazed.

5/8 will likley be the size since your running soft copper.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
soft copper gas line in a house?
My bad Guess its flare end. few different ways to do it . good point what about a shut off valve?
soft copper uncommon in my world.
Just going to have to match it up on sizing

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks