Flange too close to wall (14.5 to stud)

Users who are viewing this thread

willmpls

Reaction score
Hello,

As part of a basement finish project, I’ve got a toilet flange set in concrete that is 14.5 inches to the side wall. So, once drywall is up it will be 14 inches to center, which is an inch short of code.

Trying to decide best approach from these options:

1. Do nothing, see if it passes inspection
2. Break up the concrete and put it where it should be
3. Use an offset flange to cover the 1 inch it’s off

Anyone have thoughts on an offset flange cs breaking up the concrete (or just leaving it)?

Will

Reach4

Reaction score
3. Use an offset flange to cover the 1 inch it’s off
The offset flange would probably also need some breaking of concrete too.

There are offset flanges, that have stainless steel rings, that offset by 1.5 inches. The good ones will pass a 3 inch ball.

Reach4

Reaction score
So, once drywall is up it will be 14 inches to center, which is an inch short of code.
You aren't planning to put drywall right on the basement wall, are you? What do you plan to have?

The reason I was asking is that you may be able to get as good of insulation with xps foam, which could be thinner than what you intended.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes a 4x3 closet bend with a 4" closet flange and a repair ring to offset the closet bolt setting allows you to shift it an inch over.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks