First real plumbing inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

exeunt

Reaction score
Had my first real plumbing inspection ever on my new shower installation and it passed! He said he was glad to see the 2" pipe, the vent and the path I took to the stack. I took him through a few of the potential designs that guys on this forum "corrected" me on, and he said that the way it was done is how a master plumber would have routed it.

Thanks to everyone on the forum who helped out. I'm really happy I didn't have to rip out any ABS, as getting that into place in a renovation can be a real pain :)

On to drywalling, Kerdi'ing and tiling!

Attachments

• IMG_3137.jpg
    IMG_3137.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 313

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
HOW did you make the turn from the "P" trap to the tee in the wall? From here, it doesn't look like a true 90 degree turn. In fact, it looks like two 90's were used to do it, and if so, that was NOT a good installation, and the inspector should have rejected it.

exeunt

Reaction score
HOW did you make the turn from the "P" trap to the tee in the wall? From here, it doesn't look like a true 90 degree turn. In fact, it looks like two 90's were used to do it, and if so, that was NOT a good installation, and the inspector should have rejected it.

Not sure what you're seeing in the picture, there are some shadows in there so it might look odd. The P-Trap leads perpendicular to the joist through it, then makes a 90 degree left turn using 1 90 piece to the wall, where its connected to the vertical 2" stack you see there which leads upwards to the roof, and downwards to a connection into the main stack. He took a look at everything pretty carefully and said everything was to code, although he made me add a few extra protector plates.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the inspector likes it, I like it.
It's a little hard with the shadows to see what he saw, it's like hj says on some of his posts, it's easier when you are on site to get the "whole" picture.
Good job!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks