Fernco on Sink Tailpiece to PVC Trap

Users who are viewing this thread

Wraujr

Reaction score
I have a dual kitchen sink, on the non-disposal side I have a 1 1/2 tailpiece that I want to connect to 2" PVC trap. The 2"PVC trap is all solvent weld in combo with disposal drain and wall outlet. There is little room and little flexibility so using a Fernco 1 1/2 x 2 ( P1056-215 / Black w/clamps) would be the easiest install.

This would all be vertical install and above the trap water level. The intent would be to have the tailpiece extend into the 2" PVC so in theory water never really "touches" the Fernco.

Would this be an acceptable practice?

Wraujr

Reaction score
Yes, your are right about carefully checking dimensions. The lower 2" OD PVC is 1 1/2" DWV PVC and the OD of the tailpiece was around 1.5", a little less than the 1.66" OD of 1 1/4" DWV PVC. So the correct Fernco I would try is P1056-150/125 and I expect the tailpiece might be a little loose and this might not work well. Thanks for pointing out the dimensional issues. Will dry fit the parts in the store.....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks