Eljer Titan....Not bad for a big box toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

theelviscerator

Reaction score
Well I thought I might try one, not exactly a Toto, but the basic performance seemed to be built in.

About a year later, I can report, the only problem was removing the green flow limiter on the bowl refill line.

After having a toilet that required plunging on a monthly if not weekly basis, I can report,

The plunger is now covered with cobwebs, and ZERO clogs, very impressive.

I like the way the bottom drops out of the toilet so to speak, when it flushes..

I grabbed an ADA elongated and I LIKE it......

Now when I go to a friends house and watch that water rise and rise, it brings back the old fears....of overflowing and all that stuff!

For about 220 it's been a bargain....

MarkHash

Reaction score
ditto

I installed a high rise black elong Titan to replace a 90's Eljer low flow. It is now obvious they made no effort what so ever with their original low flow "designs". This thing is amazing, works and sounds like a commercial toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Run for the border?

But to be more serious.
Bain Capital bought out Eljer. The Eljer Titan in 2012 is now a rebadged American Standard Champion.

I believe the factory that made the original Titan has stopped operations.

I guess it did run for the border.

titan_front2.jpg

The original 2009 Titan before Bain closed the factory.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks