Eljer Titan and 'lift station'

Users who are viewing this thread

Billie

Reaction score
Hello,
We have purchased a new toilet, the Eljer Titan and are to have it installed on Friday. We have a unique situation so wondered if we could get some advice.
Some time before we bought this house it had a septic tank. Then as the city expanded , this area was put on the city sewer system. In doing that it was necessary that individual lift stations be installed. We have never had a problem with the lift station but were wondering if it would be compatible with the new toilet we want. The toilet we have now is very old, uses a lot of water and the tank lid doesn't even match or fit correctly.
Please advise.

Billie

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. We will get it installed. We were a bit concerned that a new toilet with the super flush like that might overwhelm the system. Frankly we had never heard of a residential lift station. BTW this is a great forum.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are a lot of toilets like that with a good flush.

The Titan is copied from the Toto Drake, without the Toto quality control. When I pull toilets from the box, and show them both, they don't buy the Eljer.
It works, but it's not finished off as well.
It does work better and and with less problems than the CR "best buy" the Eljer AquaSaver. Now that was a piece of junk. The Aquasaver took two flushes to get down toilet paper and solids. It worked okay on things like sponges, but I don't let my kids flush sponges down the toilet anyway.

If CR ever learns how to grade toilets, I will be surprised, They have the most unrealistic way of writing about products.
Any Junior High kid could write a better report.
Wait, that's who really writes mine. If a Junior High kid plugs a toilet, I take that into account. I sell to parents of children. They are the ones that really know.

Billie

Reaction score
RE: Eljer (Titan)

We did get the Titan installed and we love it. So far it works great. ( almost afraid to brag ...afraid I will jinx it.) Lol Might be the Toto is a better toilet but in this small town the Eljer was readily available so we went with it and it is 100% better than that oldie we had. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks