Eljer PF/2 pressure toilet problems

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkMS

Reaction score
Don't want to wait until Monday if this is a simple fix. Appreciate any advice or info to ask if I have to call the Support Line. So here is the problem ...

Had the Eljer PF/2 Energizer Model 150-403 for a while now and had no problems until the past few days.

Everytime I flush the toilet the sewage flushes down, but tiny bits of toilet paper and feces come back. I know the floor outlet is not obstructed, since we just took a look and added a new wax ring. It seems that the pressure "thing - looks like a mini jetpack" in the tank are dirty. Possibly clogged from a few years of use. Also, I added some green dye to the tank to see if it leaks into the bowl, but it does not. Added extra water and Clorox to the bowl and still nothing. Tried to look online if there was a way to clean the pressure "things" or whatever it is called, but can't find anything. Found this forum, and decided to ask.

So in summary, it flushes toilet paper and the sewage, but tiny pieces of dirt come back. Most likely from pressure "tanks" in the tank itself. Again, any advice will be great! Thank you in advance for reading this thread.

- Mark

eljer_pf2_inside_tank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There is no way for TP or waste to go back up into the pressure tank. If the tank appears not to give a strong flush, you put a rebuild kit into the PF2. It is not unusual for this kind of toilet to break up the paper, but if stuff is coming back after the flush, I do believe you have a drain problem. The line needs to have a good snake cleanout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks