DWV Layout

Users who are viewing this thread

bbstnr

Reaction score
Hi! I'm redoing the dwv in the upstairs of the house after I found that the cast iron was rotted so bad it was basically a trough. Anyway, This is how I have the system dry fitted right now. I have a few questions, 1. Will the tub be correctly wet vented if I leave it the way it is now? I know that's how is was done but I'm not sure. 2. They had a side-hub inlet 90 right at the closet elbow before but I'd like to run it under the joist to a wye. Is that ok? 3. for the lav vent do I run the sanitary tee teh way in the photo or opposite? 4. Is there anything else I should change/be concerned about? Thanks for any help! Pics are in the link

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk5E6Nyh

Attachments

• dwv2.jpg
    dwv2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 149
  • dwv4.jpg
    dwv4.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 147
  • dwv5.jpg
    dwv5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 146
  • dwv6.jpg
    dwv6.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 166
  • dwv3.jpg
    dwv3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 162
  • dwv8.jpg
    dwv8.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 142

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I really cannot figure out WHAT the photos show or what you are trying to do. But one thing is sure, I cannot imagine ANY toilet connection needing FOUR elbows stacked on top of each other. Side inlet 1/4 bends, because they do NOT have a sweep are usually confined for vent use, not drainage. When you use one for a toilet connection, and then connect a drain to it, you are creating a "tapped closet bend" and they have been prohibited by codes since at least the 1950s.

bbstnr

Reaction score
hj, thanks for the reply. It used to have a side inlet, I do not want to use one, for the reasons you stated. That abs is the old sink/tub drains. I was going to run it down to the 1 1/2 inlet on the wye. How should I run the closet bend to meet the pipe where it sits? It had that many bends before with the cast iron. Should I angle the long turn 90 and up to a 45 to vertical to meet the toilet flange? Also, the sanitary tee is for the dry vent to the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks