Drain system for corner sink in bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

NewGuy

Reaction score
I am removing a vanity and adding a corner sink to the opposite side of a small bathroom. Will the attached configuration work? I know the vent attaches to the main vent below the sink but I can't see why that would matter in this case since nothing drains above it (single story home). Plumbing not labeled NEW in the drawing is already in place and works great thanks to previous help on this forum. The sink was not thought of at the time or I would have just added a 4 way where the standpipe connects.

Also, could you please let me know what the rough-in dimensions for the drain on a corner sink are (the drain is about 6.5" from the wall)? I appreciate any help offered.

Attachments

• new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,556

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The revent ties in six inches above the flood level of the fixtures being served.

Normally that means at 42" off the floor.

When you have your sink and cabinet, that will tell you rough in height.
Typical RI is
30" cabinet, 18"
32" cabinet, 20"

NewGuy

Reaction score
The revent ties in six inches above the flood level of the fixtures being served.

Normally that means at 42" off the floor.

When you have your sink and cabinet, that will tell you rough in height.
Typical RI is
30" cabinet, 18"
32" cabinet, 20"

Thanks for the info. In the drawing, couldn't the angled sink vent be considered a separate parallel drain stack if it used fittings for a wet drain? I can't seem to figure out how the venting and draining would be different than if a just connected to a 4 way at the standpipe connection (I am sure I missing something but can't figure out what).

Due to electrical and other framing issues, I can not get the vent connection above the sink. Are there other options?

Reach4

Reaction score
In the drawing, couldn't the angled sink vent be considered a separate parallel drain stack if it used fittings for a wet drain? I can't seem to figure out how the venting and draining would be different than if a just connected to a 4 way at the standpipe connection (I am sure I missing something but can't figure out what).
I think the reason for requiring the vents to connect higher has to do with what happens if there were to be a clog at B or C.

I believe you could follow the blue path and be OK for that section.

Attachments

• img_1.jpg
    img_1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 444
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks