Drain in New Laundry Room

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeAZ1

Reaction score
New member here, appreciating all of the advice and information on this forum. I am converting a garage storage room to a laundry room and need assistance in planning the drains for the new sink and new washing machine. The attached diagram shows the position of existing drains coming down from the second floor and the proposed position of the new sink and washing machine outlet. Nothing has been done yet with the plumbing. Suggestions greatly appreciated. Air admittance valves are permitted in my location, if that helps.

Attachments

• File.PDF
    47.9 KB · Views: 213

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The washer can come off the toilet wast line, provided that the p-trap and standpipe for the washer is vented before it enters the waste stack.
The vent needs to be within 60" of the p-trap. So somewhere inbetween the the trap and the waste stack.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks