Double Fixture cross Usage with an Immediate horizontal turn

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by KenLewie, Jan 23, 2014.

1. KenLewie

KenLewie New Member

Hello,

I'm a G.C. doing a kitchen and bath remodel in a very old home. My plumber (who I have not worked with before) tells me that this will be ok. I know he is gonna have to ask the inspector anyway but I want to start framing for the changes ASAP. I originally suggested leaving out the jog and making the pipe look like a post when it goes by the kitchen island. The homeowner would rather not have the fake post with a plumbing pipe in it next to an eating area. So the plumber is suggesting this jog around the island where it can be buried into a wall. What say you all? Thanks for you time and consideration.

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The jog is fine.

If you ever replace those toilets, and they have 3" flush valves in the tank, the water will skip across the fixture fitting and push a bit of water out of the opposing bowl.
    It's not too bad. At least you don't have a double santee there.
  3. KenLewie

KenLewie New Member

Thanks for the feedback Terry!!! Great site you have hear. I will keep the 3" flush valve in mind. Would it make much difference to use a combo double Y with 1/8 bends rather than the Double fixture fitting. I believe there is room since both toilets are 18" from the wall to their sides?