Double Cyclone or Gmax

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by chefwong, Oct 17, 2011.

1. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I think I'd go with the double cyclone and the Sanagloss. Some of the water volume saved is by more careful tweaking the bowl/tank fill rates and the actual flush volume difference partly goes down the drain via the overflow tube on the 1.6g.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I like the new double cyclone stuff. I have one at home, will be adding one more and installed one for my GF last week.

[​IMG]
    The new double cyclone Drake II is on the right.
    The old Glacier Bay toilet on the left was tossed out.

A huge difference between the two.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  4. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Swung by the Toto Showroom today. I was quite surprise. All of the Double Cyclone units looked great ---- if not even their wall hung.

Ah, decisions, decisions.
  5. jadnashua

Generally, any attachment (like a seat) will fit any brand, but it appears in this case, that isn't true. Based on the compatibility chart http://totousa.com/Portals/0/BrochureDownloads/WashletComp-1009_2.pdf, any of the Toto bidet seats will fit that toilet. Most seats aren't solid between the anchor holes, so a slight bump isn't an issue, it's an issue with the seat you bought.
  6. jadnashua

I understand perfectly...

Any Toto bidet seat will fit the Toto toilets, at least if you go by the compatibility sheets slight limitations. Toto did not guarantee another brand would fit. If the one you bought guaranteed it would fit, it's their error, not Toto's. Assumptions can be costly.

No toilet seats I'm familiar with are flat between the bolts, so pretty much any seat will fit, regardless of that hump. When it comes to a specialty item, at least on that toilet, any Toto bidet seat will fit that toilet. You wouldn't try to put a Chevy fender on a Ford...in this case, the bidet you bought won't fit, or at least not without modifications.
  7. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

So if you opt to drive a Ford and buy a part made for a Chevrolet it's Ford's fault the part doesn't fit? You bought excellent toilets, but then try to mate another brand of bidets to them so it's the fault of the toilet? I fail to follow your rational.