Double check my plan

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by pghsebring, Mar 30, 2010.

1. pghsebring

pghsebring DIY Member

I have 3 questions.

First, do i just use a regular 1.5" elbow in the upper right?
    Second, do i just use a regular 2" elbow in the lower left?
    Third, can i use a 2" santee in the bottom right instead of a 2" wye + 45 (store don't got no combos)?

Oh - and any other problems you see?

- I just realized, you may want to know, this is for a double bowl kitchen sink.

Thank you in advance.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The 2" 90 El below the tee on the left would be a long sweep.

The 1.5" 90 el on the vent, can be a vent 90 or a med 90
    I normally carry med 90 and long turns, no vent 90'sin the truck.
    They are a fitting that is rarely used.

Inspectors like to see a 2" cleanout.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  3. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Agree with Terry about the ell and a c.o. If your sink bowls are two different depths make sure you put your rough-in low enough for the lowest bowl.
  4. pghsebring

pghsebring DIY Member

Thanks guys, now i just need my third question answered -

Can i use a 2" santee in the bottom right instead of a 2" wye + 45 (store don't got no combos)?

All of this is sitting in one stud bay BTW - less than 16" wide.

Thanks again.
  5. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

Yes you could use a santee to make the transition instead of a wye.

I am curious as to why you are trapping each sink, are you just doing it out of preference or is it code where you are?
  6. pghsebring

pghsebring DIY Member

Preference while i have the wall open. I figure it can't hurt. I'm gonna have two sinks, dishwasher and garbage disposal, this makes it easier later i do believe. One sink into wall, disposal into wall, nice and clean.

Thanks for the help.
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Lont turn elbow on the left, sanitary tee on the right, and a tapped c.o. tee in place of the vent tee. 1 1/2" tapped tee meets the requirement for a full size opening, vent tee does not. Why go to all that trouble? There are easier ways to do it, and I only make multiple inlets when it will be a triple sink.