Does the Toto Drake have the same water spot as the Gwyneth? What are the differences

Users who are viewing this thread

StaceyNeil

Reaction score
I'm confused. Is there a difference in performance between these two -other than water savings? I like the looks of the Gwyneth (CST454CEFG) better. On Terry's store his Drake model seems to be different than what I can find offered in most places, which is the Eco Drake. I do see the regular Drake (cst744sg) some places... I see it's 1.6 gal rather than 1.28. Will I get better bowl washing action with that one???

Can anyone comment on performance? I'm particularly concerned about "skid marks" since they are a big problem with our Toto Aquia III.

Thanks!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If you look here at TotoUSA you will see that there are many models of Drake, Eco-Drake and Drake II toilets to pick from.
Some of the confusion comes from the fact that Toto re did a lot of the names recently so pages may not have been updated. The Gwyneth is now the Drake II.

CEFIONTECT does not prevent skid marks but, it does make them more likely to rinse away when flushing.

Skid marks are a problem that is affecting many low flow toilets.
There is now a toilet that flushes with only 0.8 gallon of water. I can only guess the skid marks with that.

I hope that helps,
Redwood

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Toto makes it confusing when they change the name of toilets. At one time, the Gwyneth got changed to the Ultramax II - which is what I have in my house. Mine are 1.28 gal and flush fine, and have good bowl wash.

In any event, any of their toilets with the double cyclone bowl wash will work better (in my opinion) at preventing skid marks, and combine that with CEFIONTECT and you do stack the deck in your favor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks