Do I need air my water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary3750

Reaction score
I have a 700' well with a 1hp pump at 150' and an Amtrol ERT80 tank. Refresh rate of 46 gpm. My weep holes in the downpipe are clogged and I will pull and clean them for now. After reading this forum I realize that my Myers Rustler pump probably won't last too much longer as it is 6 1/2 years old now and I would like to pre-plan a replacement instead of an emergency replacement.
My reputable well driller installed the air over water tank because in our area he says we have some hydrogen sulfide in the deep wells causing the rotten egg smell.
My question is can I install a bladder or diaphram type tank which would be more problem free, or should I stay with the current system?

My recent water test (from a test strip kit ) continue to agree with my previous test and the results are: Akalinity 240ppm, Hardness <50ppm, Sulfate <125ppm, Hydrogen Sulfide 0, PH 6.5, Iron 0.1ppm,the other items were 0. The water sample came from the house side of the tank as I don't have access before the tank.
Can I use a bladder tank?

Gary3750

Reaction score
When I pull the pump line up to clean the weep holes out, will the odor from the well itself be a good indicator? What about smelling the water that comes out of the pipe itself?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks