Do all Moen Posi-temp shower handles have stoppers?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by djscrib, Jul 18, 2012.

1. djscrib

djscrib New Member

Hi all,

I have 3 Moen showers/bathtubs in my house that I believe are Posi-Temp. There is a single handle, when off it points downwards at 6 o'clock. 9 o'clock is hot, 3 o'clock is cold.

My house is 11 years old and I'm the original owner and all these faucets work fine, with no leaks, no temperature problems.

However they spin 360 degrees without anything to stop them. I am selling my house and was told by the buyer's inspector that the faucets are faulty since they do not have "stoppers" and can spin 360.

For the life of me I can not recall any of these ever not rotating 360, but I can't say it's something I've paid much attention to.

Is it correct that all Moen posi-temps have stoppers and thus I likely need a new cartridge? Or are there various models that spin 360 as part of their design?

Thanks from a confused homeowner.
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years