Dishwasher connection hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
hi
I need to have my dishwasher replaced and have started shop for one. My shutoff valve is a 3/8 " OD flare. how difficult is it to find a dishwasher stainless steel hose to fit a flare. Is it something easy to find at lowes or home depot or do i have to get it at a plumbing store.
Any help with information such as links etc is much appreciated.
Thanks

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
Thanks
I guess that is one of the better options which is changing the shutoff valve. What if i go with a flare to compressrion connector adapter?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The more adapters/fittings, the more chances for a leak. An old shutoff valve may no longer really shut things off, washers degrade, handles start to stick, and scale buildup makes them ripe for replacement. Do yourself a favor and replace the shutoff...much more reliable. Depending on how it is attached to the pipe, it could be a 5-minute affair with most of that in turning off the main, then going back down to turn it back on. Even if it is soldered on, it's not that big a deal to replace. If it is threaded on or is already a compression valve, it's even easier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks