Dent on the top of my pressure tank

Users who are viewing this thread

nbaxley

Reaction score
First up, I'm new to replacing pressure tanks, but I've done plenty of plumbing jobs around our house and this forum has been a great resource so thank you for that! I purchased a Well-X-Troll WX-203 to replace our WX-202 that has gone bad. When I opened the box, the very top of the tank was dented. I found another thread here (https://terrylove.com/forums/index....essure-tank-use-it-or-swap-for-another.81589/) that talked about a dent on the side of the air section and everyone seemed to think it's ok but I'm wondering if the top port makes any difference. I'm honestly not sure what it's for. I've asked for a $50 discount from the company but I want to make sure I'm not setting myself up for problems down the road. Pictures attached.

Thanks,
Nate Baxley

PXL_20230911_232934865.jpg
PXL_20230911_232957272.jpg
PXL_20230912_004023417.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
A anchor mounting point if the pump is installed on top of the tank.

1694537244832.png

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That nut is what they use to hang them to paint, but it can be used to mount a pump as well. The dent on the tank will probably pop out when you pressure up the system. It may have cracked the coating on the inside of the tank and make it rust through sooner. It is on the air side of the diaphragm though. Should not have any moisture up there until the diaphragm breaks from the pump cycling on and off as a WX203 only holds 6-7 gallons of water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks