Delta tub faucet -- little hot water

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by renientom, Dec 22, 2007.

1. renientom

renientom New Member

I have an old (~18 years) delta tub faucet - the up and down on/off and side to side hot/cold type. It delivers a very constricted flow of hot water. The sink in the room has plenty of hot water pressure. The cold water pressure is fine. I have replaced the springs and washers in the faucet. The valve has what appear to be integral shutoffs for each hot and cold water. I can't get these to turn. Where might I find product literature for this faucet and what might I do to get the integral valves to turn? Thanks.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

To get the stops to turn, you will want to shut off the main water supply, then loosen the bonnets for the stops.
    When you have repositioned the stops, make sure the bonnet nuts are not leaking.