Delta Shower Faucet in Fiberglass Shower; Hole Size? Remove Plaster Guard?

Users who are viewing this thread

kailor

Reaction score
I'll be installing a Delta shower faucet (132900...no tub) in a Maax S-42 fiberglass shower. What size hole saw should I use for the valve body? When I fasten the valve body to a block of wood and then fasten that block of wood between the studs, should I position it so that the face of the plaster guard would be flush to the inside face of the shower (had I actually left the plaster guard on)? I do remove the plaster guard, don't I? Thanks in advance.

Keith

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The installation instructions will have a section called thin wall installation. Even if the body of the valve is well anchored (and it should be), you don't want to be able to push against the fiberglass wall around it and push it away from the trim creating a gap. To help clamp the wall in place, leave the plaster guard on the valve behind the wall - it should line up with the back of the wall of the enclosure. When you then screw down the trim plate in the shower, it will hold the wall in place so the trim will work properly. It should also have the dimensions of the hole, but it needs to be smaller than the plaster guard so that there's some wall to clamp to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks