Danco NEXT Hydrostop flush valve issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Andy VH

Reaction score
Well, all is NOT well with the Danco Next Hydrostop flush valve I installed in my Kohler Rochelle update. About a week after the initial installation the toilet started to slightly refill about once an hour indicating and internal leak. I adjusted it thinking the stationary seal was not fully seated, no better. I took it out and reset it per the Danco instructions, no better. Yesterday I installed a brand new flush/overflow tower, and reset the Hydrostop. And it did it again!!

So I drained the tank down below the water level of the Hydrostop valve seal. So any water in the tank is only maintained by the silicone seal of the flush riser tower. And I added blue food color die in the water to see if any leaks into the bowl. So far, an hour later the bowl water is still clear. I'll let it sit for about six hours and if it does not leak into the bowl, I'm calling Danco technical support.

Anyone else have issues with the Danco Next Hydrostop flush valve? Pictures show the blue dyed water, and note the water level is below the flat seal level of the flush valve,

20200603_143218.jpg 20200603_143228.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
So I drained the tank down below the water level of the Hydrostop valve seal. So any water in the tank is only maintained by the silicone seal of the flush riser tower. And I added blue food color die in the water to see if any leaks into the bowl. So far, an hour later the bowl water is still clear. I'll let it sit for about six hours and if it does not leak into the bowl, I'm calling Danco technical support.
If you wanted to see dye in the bowl from a small leak, you would need a lot more dye.

Another test would be to bring the water level up to maybe an inch above the seat, and see if the water level settles down to the seat level. You could drip a drop or two of dye in that water that is still, to see where the flow path is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks