Cyclone and bowl wash questions

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Guinness56, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Guinness56

Guinness56 New Member

After reading through many posts here I still can't get a clear answer as to the wash/rinse capabilities of the Drake/Ultimax. I've read on a few posts that there isn't much of a rinse and that's the main complaint (if any). Is there no rinse at all or is there at least a little bit? For that matter, what's the rinse like on the Titan? I assume similar to the Drake?

Regarding the Guinevere / Soiree and the Cyclone rinse - that's obviously a major upgrade but the video on TOTO's website makes me believe it might splash all over the place. Any feedback on that?

-Joe-
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Titan rinse is not a good as the Drake. Just a slight difference.
    What you mainly notice is quality of workmanship.

The Soiree and Gunivere have the best bowl rinse.
    No, it does not splash, and everyone that has one, has commented on how nicely they work.
    Right now, it's the best combination of flush and rinse you can buy. Period.
  3. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

I completely agree!

Thanks to Terry's info on this site, I installed a Soiree in my main floor powder room maybe 4 months ago. I am delighted with it! The bowl wash works great, does NOT splash out of the bowl (unlike the old pressure-assisted toilet I used to have), and you don't give up anything in terms of flushing ability/resistance to clogs. Have not been able to clog it despite our best attempts!

The comfort height is really nice, too - you don't appreciate how much so until you try it (and your knees will thank you!).

[​IMG]
    TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
  4. Guinness56

Guinness56 New Member

thanks, guys. What are the average prices you're seeing for the Guinevere?
  5. Terry

Retail is $935
    My discounted price is $649
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  6. Sunny Bunny

Sunny Bunny New Member

Terry,

From reading emails on your site, which I am so glad exists, it seems that folks are buying these Toto Toilets at discounted rates. How can I find a similar deal without ordering online? I see you don't recommend this option.

A Dealer in my area & the plumber they recommended said that I would pay retail cost for the Guinevere plus the plumber's installation fees and other parts.

Do most plumbers & remodelers pass their discounted prices on to the customer or not? Do you sell in Minnesota?

Thanks!:)
  7. Terry

I would call around where you are at.

Some plumbers do offer a discount, and that's one reason showrooms quote retail. This way, the plumbers can send customers to showrooms, and still show the customer their discount.
  8. Guinness56

Guinness56 New Member

Terry - I don't see the Cadet 3 in your reviews just yet but read a bunch of positive ones on it in the forum. Have you tested that one or have any opinion of it when compared to the Drake? Is the rinse similar or is the Drake still better? Is the Drake still the better value for the $ ?
  9. Terry

Joe,
    The Cadet 3 is an entry level product of things I install.
    I prefer to install other products.

For a plumber, time is money.

The ones I sell the most of, seem to be the Toto Drake, I get a lot of repeat business from them.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  10. Guinness56

Guinness56 New Member

Ok, you've convinced me. Is the "cotton-white" closest to white from Kohler or American Standard vs. the colonial white?
  11. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

There's a color match chart on the website...don't remember which one lines up with what.
  12. Terry

It's kinda neither. I would say the Cotton comes a bit closer than the Colonial. The Cotton is much easier to get too.