Curbside 3/6 liter Flush, What a nightmare to Adjust, Still Not Working

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I hope you figure that one out before you need any repairs...

Then again you could just put it out by the curb for recycling...

My thoughts are that things out by the curb usually have a reason for being there...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
These same photos were posted over on plumbingzone, and of course he got blasted, and they took the opportunity to crap on Terry Love while they were at it. That place is no fun at all. There noses are so far up in the air, they couldn't smell a sewer leak if it ran over their foot!!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Jimbo,
They can blast all they want, but when they need to learn how it's done, they know they can come here.
I like taking the green plumbers under my wing. If I had them here in the Seattle area, I would have them whipped into shape by now.

Everybody needs a place where they feel smart.
There may be too much competition here for them.
Me? I love competition.

Besides, I catch them sneaking over here to learn all the time.
It's okay guys. School is in session.

Last edited:

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
Although it may not be a Kohler, it certainly looks like it was made to copy Kohler. It looks a lot like the Rialto or the San Raphael.

Rialto:
faa16875.jpg

San Raphael:
zaa07391.jpg

rolm

Reaction score
Well everything is still working as it should, A quick push and release of the button that is your 3-liter flush. Push and hold the button for at least 5 seconds that is your 6-liter flush. I did send the pictures to a few used toilet supply guys and they all said they have never seen such a set-up and they both said it must be some Chinese knock-off.

I must remember to educated our visitors, Pee push and release, Poop push and hold for at least 5-seconds, Wife wants it out out out

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I must remember to educated our visitors, Pee push and release, Poop push and hold for at least 5-seconds, Wife wants it out out out

Well after what we said and the wife wanting it out...
It's still there...
You must have a Masochistic Streak within you...

rolm

Reaction score
Sooner or later the wife always gets her way, I would say in a few weeks time this sucker will find it's way to the curb. If it does find it's way to the curb I will include the instructions on how to flush. Why have it go to the dump if some has the patience to use it. I will then re-install my standard 20 gallong per flush. Come to think abought it we have never had a clogged toilet in 15 years. I guess some ideas never go out of style.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes on the dual flush, the lever goes two directions. One way for small flush, and the other for big. Is that how yours is?

kohler_rolin.jpg

Last edited:

rolm

Reaction score
No it does not, eventhough the button looks like it is split it is one piece and it is hooked-up to 1 cable that operates the flapper ( if I can call it a flapper it also looks complicated with it's own float adjustment) There are 4 ajustments and they all have to work in harmony or no complete flush unless you hold the button for at least 5 seconds. By holding the flush button it keeps the flapper open for that period of time.

rolm

Reaction score
On July 14 it was garbage day and that is where my curb side toil was. It must of driven the previous owners to poop in the garden, not worth making a project out of pooping. I re-installed old faithful. I would never bother with those so-called hi-tech or low water units, not worth the aggrivation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks