CPVC or Wisrbo AquaPex ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Nevada

Reaction score
My house has kitec plumbing. They offer 2 plumbing materials they are using for replacing kitec plumbing:
1) CPVC FlowGuard Gold SDR 11
2) Wisrbo AquaPex ASTM F877

They told me CPVC FlowGuard has 50 yrs warranty by manufacture whereas Wisrbo has 25 yrs. The plumber will give me 25 yrs warranty for either one.

What are pros and cons? Which one should be the one you prefer to use if this is your house.

Thanks much

Nevada

Reaction score
We are from Las Vegas. They replace kitec plumbing for us according to the class action. Any suggestion is appreciated

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They'd probably have to tear up less with the pex since it is flexible - you could run it also with fewer connections or joints. The ID of pex is smaller (usually) than CPVC, so to maintain the same flow, you might find you want larger pex pipe. Because there are fewer connections on the pex, it can flow with less restrictions, so some of that is offset. But, depending on the installer, they might use as many connectors on pex as they might with cpvc. cpvc might 'look' cleaner as installed, because it is straight and moderately rigid, whereas pex needs to be supported. CPVC probably (check) expands and contracts more than pex, which could be an issue in Vegas. Since pex is somewhat floppy in the first place, expansion would likely just make the loop a little bigger; with cpvc, unless expansion was taken into consideration during the install, it would be bending and maybe binding. Pros and cons on either. I'd probably go with the pex.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks