Could this be the perfect toilet?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by emmvee, Dec 1, 2008.

1. emmvee

emmvee New Member

The Toto Promenade CST424SFG seems to have it all:
    GMax
    ADA
    Elongated bowl
    SanaGloss

As far as I can find, this is the only Toto toilet that has all these attributes. Anybody try this specific model yet?

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
  2. T_Finan

T_Finan New Member

I think you can get all these features in a Dartmouth and Drake too.

I just put a Promenade (new model 424, not 724) in this weekend sans sanigloss(wanted it but not readily available). It looks great and maches my older home. I got the seat recommended on the Toto website sizzle sheet. The dealer book was recommending the traditional seat (154?) which is more expensive.

Initial reaction is that I don't think it as powerful as my Dartmouth. I'll need to check again but the flush valve might not be the same as the Dartmouth.

It is right against the wall with a 11 3/4 rough in, I thought I would have 1/2 inch left.
  3. emmvee

emmvee New Member

I can't find a Dartmouth or Drake model that has it all.
    The spec sheet does show a 3" flush valve, same as the Dartmouth and Drake.
  4. T_Finan

T_Finan New Member

I checked and it IS the same internal bowl guts as the dartmouth. They are just aligned different inside. There is a "straw" on the promenade pull chain by the flapper, this may be to prevent binding.

My promenade is quieter at the end the flush where the dartmouth has a gulp at the end which makes it seem more powerful. Perhaps it could be the difference in drain/venting in my home.

I'm not an expert on all the options, perhaps they are all available separately but not together as you have discovered.
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Unless there has been a recent change, Sanigloss is not available on the Dartmouth. It's and excellent toilet otherwise, and I don't find a problem at all in keeping mine clean. Sounds like you've found the model of your dreams!:D
  6. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

Have you considered the Soiree or Guinevere?

They have Toto's new "double cyclone" flush - Terry has pictures of the under-the-rim jets on a thread here somewhere.

I am a big proponent of this technology - really works slick.
  7. emmvee

emmvee New Member

I was under the impression that Gmax was their best system. Is the Double Cyclone considered to be better than the Gmax?
  8. T_Finan

T_Finan New Member

I think it those models are (almost) twice the cost of a promenade. The benefit appears to be the bowl wash.

Oh btw my promenade is now "gulping" on the flush like my dartmouth so its just as powerful now to my ears!:)
  9. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The flush is pretty similar between the two, the Double Cyclone has the better rinse.
  10. kf

kf New Member

Terry, is the double cyclone a green product (does the gravity flush use less water than conventional models)?
  11. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

The Gywenth has Sanagloss and double cyclone, 16-1/8" high bowl and flushes with 1.28 gallons, WaterSense HET
    In comes in the one and the two piece.

The other double cyclone toilets with Sanagloss are the Guenevere and the Soiree, using 1.6 gallons. 16-1/8" high bowl
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009