Correct 3-Way Fitting for Waste Pipe (with pictures)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zmonet

Reaction score
Hi all --

I'm currently in the middle of a laundry room reno. I've removed vinyl and installed tile, got some used cabinets and now am trying to rough-in the plumbing. I've read quite a bit about laundry room sinks on this forum but am having trouble figuring out what the best type of connection for my sink waste pipe in my configuration. I understand that for horizontal drain connections I should use a wye, but I want to make sure that I use the correct one. I'm trying to alter the waste pipe that runs from my washer to (ultimately) the sewer. I would like to connect and continue the line a few feet right where the waste line turns. What is the proper fitting for this connection? I have attached pictures because I think they illustrate much better. Pic #1 is from underneath. The drawn is curved white line is how I would like to continue the waste line for a few feet and then up through the floor. Pics #2 and #3 show the area from directly above, where I want the sink to be. Any help is much appreciated.
LAUDRY ROOM UNDERNEATH.jpg
LAUNDRY ROOM ABOVE1.jpg
LAUNDRY ROOM ABOVE 2.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Vertical to horizontal, long turn 90
Horizontal to horizontal, long turn 90
Wyes or 45's

For the trap arm to the sink, a santee fitting with an AAV on top to break the trap siphon.

The line to the sink should be 2", and 1.5" for the trap and venting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks