considering dual flush -- which one

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by gardner, Nov 20, 2008.

1. gardner

gardner DIY Senior Member

I originally planned for Toto Drake, but have recently begun thinking about a dual flush instead. I am not keen on drilling into my shiny new porcelain floor for an Aquia.

My local (not big-box) plumbing shop has an American Standard FloWise Dual Flush at a price that suits me.

The FloWise looks like it has a skirt type thing. Will it install normally on the flange, or will it require extra brackets like the Toto?

Reading the threads about the FloWise, it seems like not such a great toilet. I know that many consider American Standard a sub-standard brand throughout. Are there any specific horrors to look out for on the FloWise dual?

If the FloWise is a no-go, is there another dual flush with a standard flange install that I should consider?
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

You don't need a dual flush. Get the Drake and live happily ever after. Whatever you do, avoid AS.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The Eco-Drake is also an option...1.28g flushes puts it about the average of the range on the dual-flush.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I've been selling a lot of the Toto Aquia dual flush toilets.
    They have been very reliable.