Commercial Toto

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Sierra, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Sierra

Sierra New Member

I am in process of remodeling our MB & based on research have decided that Toto is my preferred option for a toilet. My rough-in is 11-3/8 in., which places the drain against the floor joist, so I can probably make most 12 in. rough-in toilets work. However, a 10 in. rough-in would be ideal, & I noticed that Toto has a commercial toilet that has a 10 in rough-in. Is this commercial toilet a worthwhile consideration, or should I squeeze in a 12 in.? I don't like the skirted look of the Totos that use the Unifit adapter.

Thanks
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

The commerical line is call "Reliance" and is a very good toilet, it used to be the Carusoe toilet before they changed the design and was renamed "Reliance".
    It is on a Water saver programs here and i've sold over 1800 last year and no call backs.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Almost any Toto will work at 11-1/4"

The Aquia needs 11-1/2"
    The Drake works at 10-15/16"

The models that use a Unifit will work with as little as 9-1/4" with the 10" kit.
  4. adenwork2

adenwork2 New Member

I found the Carusoe somewhat splashy. Splash out of toilet when flushing. Builder installed in a new house when I was visiting. Don't know if has changed since then.
  5. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

I have not had anyone complain to me about splashing.
    I did have a complaint about the Dalton & splashing a while ago.
    We have had the C703 in our warehouse bathroom for about 10 years and i haven't seen it splash (not sure if it's different design than others).