Colors of Toto toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Dom Z

Reaction score
This may be a little off subject and it isn't a plumbing question but I'll ask anyway.

Toto has two shades of white for their fixtures: Cotton white and Colonial white.
What the difference between them?

cotboll.jpg

Cotton White

Last edited by a moderator:

Dom Z

Reaction score
Thanks ,
That answers my question.
Now, I can tell my wife what to order.
She wanted white, so we'll go with Cotton White.

Bosun

Reaction score
Toto Cotton White or Colonial White?

What is the difference between these whites? Will be set against a glossy subway tile wall.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If I remember right (and I'm not sure), the Colonial White has a slightly blueish tint, Cotton White is 'whiter'. Terry has a cross-reference as to which brands colors match up the closest, and cotton white seems to be the one that matches others more frequently. I'm pretty sure Toto has that chart on their website as well.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you've ever wandered into the paint store, there are numerous 'shades' of white. It's really hard to tell from a computer monitor what the color really is, you really need to see it. If expecting a white to match, you may be disappointed. The amount of gloss, any other surrounding colors, the lighting, can all change the perceived color. If it is really critical, the best thing is to either borrow a glazed sample, or take your tile to a showroom and put them side-by-side. The colors differences are subtle and the further apart they are, often, the less noticeable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks