Cleanout Required in Vent Portion of DWV?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Spider, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

This seems like a stupid question, but do the change in direction rules for cleanouts apply to the dry/vent section of a DWV system? I'm adding a full bath to my basement and will be running a new 2" vent line all the way to the attic where it will tie into the existing DWV stack which exits the roof. I plan on doing a cleanout for the DW piping, but not for the Vent, which will require 2, 45s and 2, 90s to snake through the walls and make it's connection in the attic. Thanks.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

They want a cleanout on the wet portion.
    The vent is normally turn free util it passes the flood level.
  3. Spider

Spider New Member

Thanks for the quick answer. Are you referring to the flood level of the basement fixtures or the connection point in the attic?
  4. asktom

asktom Member

The basement fixtures.
  5. Spider

Spider New Member

Thank you very much gentlemen!
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; Are you referring to the flood level of the basement fixtures or the connection point in the attic

ALL fixtures, regardless of which floor they are on.