Clack Retention Tank Problem

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by asmart82, May 29, 2012.

1. asmart82

asmart82 New Member

The inlet port on my retention tank is causing my plastic c-clip to come off when I screw in the pipe connection, thus allowing water to spray back out. Anyone ever have the issue and/or know what might cause it? The pipe connection screws in fine on the outlet side.
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Does your tank have the by-pass valves or plain adapters? At any rate you may want to try screwing the pipe into the adapter and then install the adapter and c clip. If that don't work then something is f'd up (technical term) and you probably need to replace the inlet adapter assembly. And remember, it's plastic so don't gorilla the fittings in