Christmas Gift for health & wellness

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I wanted to share with you, something I do at Christmas time, I have actually 40 other people in my circle of friends who do the same.

Christmas time is the time for us to think about others. It comes right after Thanksgiving and hopefully, we all are still feeling that thankful feeling.

The food banks are always in need of things, but this time of the year, by giving something additional like donating a new smoke alarm, or one that detects carbon monoxide, or a blood pressure machine you could save a life or lives.

As tight as my budget is, I give food, and one of the others listed every Christmas.

Wethead

Reaction score
Nice Post Cookie!

I also try to help out my local area when I can!

YAY! Christmas is almost here !!:D

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I heard my first christmas song on the TV yesterday. The season tis upon us.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
We used to do Kris Kringles in the office and at home but instead we donate money that we used to spend on gifts and give it to "Christmas Wish".
They take the money and buy children whatever they put on their Christmas lists.
I was listening one year and a 9 year old girl on her Christmas list wanted to go to see a movie at a movie theater, all her friends have gone but she never had.
I couldn't believe that something so small (to me) was a childs wish, so after that i started trying to get everyone to give a little bit extra at Christmas.

Cookie

Reaction score
This year, the need might be greater at the local food banks, if you give, remember to donate a couple of toys, too.

As you know Peter, it never takes much to make a child happy.

Last edited:

jonebell

Reaction score
Your tips are really helpful. I am trying to attend gatherings and What I would really like to do is avoid the emphasis on food altogether.

For examply I never did cook a turkey on Thanksgiving, or eat any pie. i bought these things and gave them to needy families. Spent the rest of the day with Margita washing and sorting clothes for donation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks