Choosing from Toto cyclone models

Users who are viewing this thread

PlantguyRB

Reaction score
I have a Toto Legato toilet which I've had about 3 years that I like (except the top of the tank is small--can't fit tissue box there easily) and has functioned well. I like that it is skirted, one piece, Sanigloss, and the double cyclone feature. I want to put a toilet in my other bathroom and am considering another Legato or similar models of Carolina II, Carlyle II, Soiree, or Gunevere. All seem to be pretty much the same except for slight dimension differences. Is there a difference in their function or perhaps gram ratings (not sure where to find the gram ratings for each one)? Is there a reason you would choose one over the other? I see that Terry has said on his site that Soiree and Guinevere Toto's best gravity toilets but I wonder if these other models would also qualify?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All of those would be very similar in performance.
You can look up the MaP toilet performance ratings on them, though they do tend to vary a bit depending on what they were tested with. Some of the old testing was done with bean paste that was sticky. Then they wrapped that in plastic and the numbers shot up. Anything 500 grams or more is very good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks