Check valve after tank tee? Why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mckeand13

Engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.project-one.us
I’ve been shopping around for a new pressure tank (Well-X-Troll WX-202XL) and also looking at the tank tee packages offered by many distributors.

I often see a check valve included in the tee package, which apparently is intended to be used on the “outlet” side of the tee servicing the home.

My current setup does not have a check valve. When I plumb in a new tank, should I use a check valve, and then why should I used a check valve? I can’t see the purpose of it.

Here's one example: http://www.aquascience.net/tank-tee-packages/

Thanks.

Attachments

• tank-tee-packs.jpg
    tank-tee-packs.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 628

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You are mistaken. Those checkvalves are on the inlet, not the outlet. It is easy to see which is the outlet by the ballvalve.

In some jurisdictions, a checkvalve is required by code but I would take the guts out of it so it just looks like there is a checkvalve.

Mckeand13

Engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.project-one.us
You are mistaken. Those checkvalves are on the inlet, not the outlet. It is easy to see which is the outlet by the ballvalve.

In some jurisdictions, a checkvalve is required by code but I would take the guts out of it so it just looks like there is a checkvalve.

Ok, that does make sense.

So why would a check valve be used on the inlet side? I've got a foot valve at the pump already checking.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The footvalve is the only check valve you need. And if you are looking for a new pressure tank, you might want to consider and upgrade that would allow you to use a 4.5 gallon size tank, and even make the system work better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks