Champain toilet needs a seat

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have an older house, built in 1974. It has a Champain brand toilet, which is imprinted on the inside of the tank top. The seat itself is unusual in that the bolts that attach it to the toilet go through the tank and are bolted through the tank, the nut and washer inside the tank. The seat itself is worn out and discolored, in fact the plasticized fake procelin covering the seat is almost worn through. I have tried to find an aftermarket replacment but all the oval seats of whatever brand that I could find bold through the toilet not the tank.
The seat is an oval shape.
There is a set of numbers stamped into the underside of the lid as follows:
Can you tell me how to get a replacement

Steve H

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The more I stick around here, the more I think I'd never buy anything Kohler. I bought one thing in my bath remodel, and it has been nothing but problems, from delivery to quality, to operations.

Unless you are really lucky, the only place you might get a seat is from Kohler, assuming it is one of theirs. Hold onto your hat when you see the prices (unless you're very lucky). It might be time to update the thing to a new low-flow toilet.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The more I stick around here, the more I think I'd never buy anything Kohler.

I bet you thought I was crazy when I talked down about Kohler at first huh?
The more you see the more you hate them... Its all about parts...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks