Caroma leaves dirty water in bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

autumn

Reaction score
My husband installed the highly acclaimed Caroma dual flush toilet. and it has yet to leave clear, clean water in the the bowl after the flush. He says it has to do with how long you hold the button. this can't be for a toilet of that price! Sometimes the water is dirtier than others and often it takes two full flushes to clear and then the water is not fully clear (it looks murky). forget about using the half flush. I know nothing about plumbing but he refuses to help find out why it does this. Can anyone help?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Holding the button probably voids the 1.6 gallon flush, dumping more water which dilutes things and provides a stronger flush. Check out the test results, this toilet probably didn't fare well. My unprofessional opinion.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Caroma does get a good MaP rating for moving solids. It rarely plugs.

What the MaP ratings don't tell you, is how much debrie is left in the bowl after the flush.

These are the things I look for when I rate toilets higher. How clean does the water look "after" the flush.

If you are flushing golf balls and sponges, like on some testing, you wouldn't know.

The MaP testing at least uses miso paste.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks